As more and more customers are using social media to interact — or worse yet to trash a brand because of poor customer service interactions — customer service professionals need to understand how best to lead and deploy social media for their department as well as their firm.
In building the ROI model for customer service social media, Forrester talked with 20 companies that have deployed social media and the result was five best practices. While there are many things to consider, these best practices will provide a framework to begin engaging customers in social media to provide an ROI and transform the customer experience.
Forrester's interviews with savvy executives found that smart companies use five emerging best practices:
- Begin by taking ownership of the social media initiative.
- Determine your customer social media goal.
- Keep a laser focus on the customer experience.
- Understand the fast-changing social technology landscape.
- Build a strong business case for change.
- By following these best practices, companies can use social media to enrich customer experiences, reduce customer service costs, and transform their businesses.
Vendors mentioned: GetSatisfaction, Helpstream, Jive, Lithium, SAP, SFDC, Uservoice