Drive meaningful improvement on customer experience across the enterprise.
This Workshop will expose attendees to the fundamentals of measuring customer experience and provide a framework for identifying, organizing, presenting, and taking action on customer experience metrics across the enterprise.
This Workshop has Passed.
You will participate in exercises that allow you to take stock of current customer experience metrics, identify gaps, brainstorm additional metrics that may be needed, design a sample customer experience dashboard, and formulate a plan for acting on that data to drive customer experience improvement.
During this full day of presentations, hands-on exercises, and discussions, Forrester analysts teach you how to:
- Identify the types of customer experience metrics you need. Many Customer Experience Professionals tell us that they have more data than they know what to do with and struggle to make sense of the numbers. We'll show you a framework that defines the three types of metrics you need to improve customer experience and creates a coherent structure that makes data easier for everyone to understand.
- Pinpoint the best success metrics for your moments of truth. Forrester defines customer experience as "how customers perceive their interactions with a company." So when it comes to customer experience, customers' perception is their reality. True measures of customer experience therefore capture customers' perceptions of an interaction, regardless of what actually occurred. Through an interactive exercise we'll choose one or two moments of truth and define the set of quality criteria that match what customers would say makes a "good" experience. Then we'll translate those criteria into key performance indicators (KPIs) that the organization can use to measure its ability to deliver on what customers want.
- Communicate customer metrics clearly. Dashboards are a common tool for displaying customer experience metrics, but most dashboards we see are long on data and short on insight. We'll share important dashboard design best practices to help you showcase customer experience metrics in a clear, easy-to-use format.
- Make customer experience metrics more actionable. The best customer experience metrics are those that answer key business questions and enable the organization to make decisions about the best way to improve experience quality. We'll talk about how to find the right level of detail with your metrics and how to pair quantitative and qualitative techniques to get from problem identification to problem solution.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief customer officers or equivalent
- Directors or vice presidents of marketing
- Executives involved with customer experience initiatives (companywide or within a channel like Web, mobile, or contact center)
- Step back from your day-to-day activities and learn a new way to think about customer experience and how to measure it.
- Take stock of current metrics to find those most useful for customer experience efforts.
- Practice choosing customer experience KPIs that are easy to understand and align with how customers judge their interactions with your company.
- Learn proven techniques for presenting, explaining, and acting on customer experience metrics to drive meaningful improvement.
- Connect with other Forrester clients who are interested in customer experience initiatives.