KEY ISSUES THIS FORUM WILL ADDRESS
- Strategic planning. Develop and execute a joint business technology (BT) strategic planning process.
- Innovation. Nurture and facilitate innovation through the enterprise.
- Disruptive technologies. Collaborate and engage with employees, partners, and customers using social and mobile technologies and identify opportunities for agility, efficiency, and growth through cloud technologies.
- Organizational models. Develop new organizational models, processes, and skills designed to harness the talents of the technology innovators in your organization.
- BT governance. Build governance capabilities to manage internal and external resources and decision structures and ensure strategy alignment while encouraging growth and innovation.
CIOs have long been on a quest to achieve alignment with the business. Alignment implies we are trying to connect two disparate things, but today, IT needs to be an integral part of the business fabric. These track sessions will highlight three critical areas that will help that happen.
Track A: Strategic Planning
Optimum technology strategy is developed in conjunction with business strategy, and business strategy is continuously evolving based on market changes. A traditional waterfall approach to strategy development does not work — instead, CIOs and IT strategists must adopt an iterative approach to BT strategy that begins and ends with business impact. This track will provide a comprehensive view of Forrester's BT strategic planning framework and practical steps to implement this framework in your organization. The sessions will be highly interactive and require the audience to participate.
Track B: Innovation
Innovation is more important than ever, but unfortunately there's been little of it in IT. Today, many IT organizations are not only expected to support and nurture the innovation culture but are also being asked to be the source of innovation. CIOs must develop processes to ensure that they create and manage a portfolio of innovations and help drive a culture of innovation through emerging social and collaboration technologies. This track will highlight the process to develop, evaluate, execute, and measure the innovations. The sessions will be highly interactive and require the audience to participate.
Track C: Future Technologies
Smartphones, tablets, and the rise of bring-your-own (BYO) devices have put tremendous pressure on IT to revamp and rethink its mobile strategy — everything from procurement and development to security and app stores. CIOs are increasingly faced with a barrage of questions about their plans for deploying and supporting various mobile devices and applications in the environment. To this day, most CIOs have been in reactive mode. Going forward, CIOs need to have a methodical approach and a comprehensive plan for delivering mobile capabilities. This track session will provide you with a detailed, well-thought-out process to develop and implement your enterprise mobile strategy.
Connect With Forrester And Event Attendees
LinkedIn: Network with other attendees.
Blogs: Follow analysts covering your role.
Communities: Extend conversations through your role community.
Facebook: Stay connected through Forrester Events pages.