Wednesday September 26
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Registration & Refreshments
10:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Welcome & Setting The Stage
10:15 AM - 10:45 AM
The Role Of The CIO In The Empowered BT Era
Your customers expect on-demand information, customized user experiences, and mobile apps. Your employees are increasingly bypassing IT sourcing technology on their own. Your data center functions are being outsourced to gain cost efficiencies. All this can sound dismal, but these changes bring a unique opportunity for CIOs to step up and lead their technology organizations into the world of empowered BT (business technology). CIOs cannot afford to focus only on technology delivery — and they have to make fundamental changes to transform their function from a collaborator to a co-creator. This keynote will:
- Identify the skill sets and competencies required to operate in the empowered BT era.
- Share practical and pragmatic advice for BT planning, strategy, and leadership.
- Provide recommendations to balance the constant pressure to drive innovation while ensuring appropriate governance.
10:45 AM - 11:15 AM
Business Innovation: A CIO Perspective
The manufacturing sector is the backbone of any economy and with global and Indian economy going through tough times, businesses are looking at innovative ways and means to get into new markets, products, reduce costs, improve profitability etc. There are a number of new technologies that are there today and the CIOs would need to work even more closely with business to enable business innovation through disruptive technologies to help business generate new revenue streams and also reduce costs. This presentation will:
- Look at the role that IT can play to enable Business Innovation.
- Talk about the challenges faced by the manufacturing sector in India today and the role that CIOs need to play in addressing the challenges.
11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
Morning Refreshment Break
11:45 AM - 12:15 PM
Platinum Sponsor Keynote: Orange Business Services
The workspace, as we know it today, will not exist in the future. The phenomenon is difficult to fathom, and is just taking off today in the form of unification of communication technologies, public CRM, etc. The questions is - What does the future hold for "The Workspace?"
12:15 PM - 12:45 PM
How Consumerization Drives Innovation
Increasingly, business leaders look to IT as both a source of innovation and an enabler of innovation. Digital technologies now power process innovation and product innovation activities, like crowdsourcing ideas. Yet building the culture, processes, and tools for IT-led innovation remains an elusive goal for most CIOs. This session will showcase Forrester's process to develop, evaluate, execute, and measure a portfolio of IT-led innovations. The session will be highly interactive with audience participation.
12:45 PM - 01:45 PM
01:45 PM - 02:10 PM
Gold Sponsor Session with Pitney Bowes: Customer of the Future
The two main capabilities for an organization to have a relationship with a customer have always centered around the management of customer data and the ability to communicate with the customer. Both areas have witnessed major changes over the last few years.
With the advent of the digital world, the number of channels and opportunities for a consumer to engage with an organization has grown dramatically. This has compressed and shortened the time for market changes to occur and has put enormous pressures on organizations to adapt. The speed to change continues to accelerate. Both of these 2 things have increased the complexity and nature of how organizations engage with their customers. The CIO is absolutely indispensable in moving this from a daunting and unfamiliar prospect to a source of unique and potentially enduring competitive advantage.
01:45 PM - 02:10 PM
Gold Sponsor Session With Vidyo: Unleashing The Power Of Visual Communication
Over the past 10 years, video conferencing vendors have heavily marketed the benefits of visual communication (improved collaboration, travel costs reduction, etc.). Today its significant value add is almost universally accepted. However, the paradox is that only a small number of organizations actually use it as an everyday business tool on a large scale. Because of the cost and lack of flexibility of traditional solutions, the deployments are very often limited to a few video conferencing rooms, so only a limited number of users have access, in turn they cannot use the systems whenever they want with whoever they want and, as a consequence, the utilisation of these systems is very low. Today it is time to get out of this vicious cycle and enter a virtuous cycle! Vidyo’s technology enables telepresence-quality video conferencing over any type of network (even the public internet and 3G), using any type of device as an endpoint, from room systems to PC/Mac, smartphones and tablets, at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. It’s time to unlock people from the meeting room and let the entire organization access video conferencing tools anywhere at any time. The tipping point is then reached, enabling companies to use video conferencing pervasively and reach the usage threshold that makes visual communication such a powerful tool.
02:10 PM - 02:15 PM
02:15 PM - 02:45 PM
Transformation In Healthcare Using Information Technology
02:45 PM - 03:15 PM
Navigating The Mobile Shift
By 2016, smartphones and tablets will put power in the pockets of a billion global consumers. Mobile is not simply another device for IT to support with a shrunken website or a screen-scraped SAP application. Rather, mobile is the manifestation of a much broader shift to new systems of engagement. These systems of engagement help firms empower their customers, partners, and employees with context-aware apps and smart products. To remain vital in this business technology (BT) reformation, CIOs must step up and work with other executives to establish and "Office of the Chief Mobility Officer" to implement an enterprisewide mobile strategy. This team will coordinate the business and technology investments under a "design for mobile first" mantra that delivers three immediate benefits:
- Move faster along the mobile learning curve.
- Aggregate mobile project budgets to fund needed engagement technology.
- Grow from an IT group focused on systems of record to a BT group focused on systems of engagement.
03:15 PM - 03:45 PM
Afternoon Networking Break
03:45 PM - 04:15 PM
The New CIO Leader - Managing In Challenging Times
Most organizations do not have a fix on what value IT provides them. In many cases, it is a grey and nebulous area, often veiled in the mist of technology, never ending investments, uncertain returns and complex jargon. On the other side, the CIO is grappling with increasing uncertainty in the eco system, huge demand from the Management and other Stakeholders, and pressure to perform while cutting costs continuously! This session will focus on the following areas and involve the delegates in a thought provoking, stimulating and interactive discussion.
- What capabilities need to be fostered in the organization to drive sustainable high performance? What are the solutions to help drive this? How proven are they and what is the real benefit vs. cost to the business?
- The importance of data and information in driving strategic decision making and organizational responsiveness: Assessing options around real time business and operational intelligence, BAM, Big Data, Data warehousing and Data analytics
- Entering the customer centric economy: The role of IT in driving increased customer experience and service delivery capabilities. How can this be achieved?
- Utilizing the latest "social" business tools and platforms to change the way organizations operate, unlocking new levels of collaboration with suppliers, partners and customers
- The role of the CIO in today’s complex and challenging environment. What additional skills are needed to be successful in this environment and how CIOs can position themselves as ‘True Leaders’ ?
04:15 PM - 04:45 PM
Business Transformation Through Technology
CIO’s have to look beyond the boundaries of the enterprise and need to create the processes for capturing the insights, extend the value chain and harness more real time data for the business. Some of the successful examples have been through transforming the supply chain, creating an enterprise wide program management organization and the shared services for improving enterprise agility and better productivity and technology can be a major enabler for the same.
04:45 PM - 05:15 PM
Panel: Taking Your First Business Technology Steps
When transitioning from IT to BT for strategic differentiation, many CIOs can be overwhelmed with where to begin. A successful transition requires a clear roadmap that starts with achievable first steps to get some early wins. This panel discussion will wrap up the day’s insights with some final conclusions from our distinguished panel of CIOs to help provide clarity around leaving the CIO Summit with some clear action items to initiate your BT transition. The panel will discuss:
- The communication foundation that will be needed to influence the Board and your CEO.
- Best practices to overcome the most common pitfalls that derail BT initiatives.
- Changes to skills and roles needed to run a BT organization and how to make them.
05:15 PM - 05:25 PM
05:25 PM - 06:30 PM
Networking Drinks Reception