Business-centered EA practices can accelerate business agility while streamlining costs and complexity. Despite the potential impact of EA, EA programs continue to struggle. They struggle with business engagement with their integration into business and IT planning and governance, and with executing on an approach that makes EA business-relevant. Infusing enterprise architecture into your business is your goal — and infusing business into your EA program is the means to achieve it. Forrester's Enterprise Architecture Forum EMEA 2012 will help you evolve toward this EA program and overcome the barriers of historical perceptions, process gaps, and cultural barriers that EA programs often face.
Tracks have been broken out into different types of sessions to best help you make business-focused, strategic, and pragmatic EA a reality.
Emerging Technology Insights. In these sessions, Forrester experts drill into emerging technology trends which you may not have heard of, but we believe these trends will be key components of your business technology roadmap.
Super-sessions. These sessions give attendees the opportunity to go deeper on a key need or opportunity and leave with the practical next steps for their organization. Each session will be highly interactive, featuring multiple analysts and attendee discussion.
KEY ISSUES THIS FORUM WILL ADDRESS
- Boosting the business relevance of your enterprise architecture. EA leaders rate increasing the business focus and relevance of their program as their No. 1 challenge — knowing that this is a prerequisite for strategic influence. We'll describe how to build your architecture "from the business" and how to use this to drive greater engagement.
- Improving maturity and capacity. EA heads want to understand the maturity of their processes and deliverables, their staffing approach, and their place in the larger IT and business organization. We'll use Forrester's archetype-based maturity model to give you a 360-degree understanding.
- Integrating emerging technology. Business opportunities enabled by new technology are everywhere. But IT struggles with adoption and integration — too often creating silos of technology rather than strategic capabilities. We'll give you the best practices ranging from the initial "watch list" through to benefit realization.
- Connecting enterprise strategy to solution architecture. Business solution architecture is the most visible aspect of EA's value. But business solutions can just as easily become tactical, redundant point solutions. We'll provide you with the approach and practices to ensure the role is a vital extension of the larger EA program.
Connect With Forrester And Event Attendees
LinkedIn: Network with other attendees.
Blogs: Follow analysts covering your role.
Communities: Extend conversations through your role community.
Facebook: Stay connected through Forrester Events pages.
Who Should Attend?
Forrester's Enterprise Architecture Forum EMEA 2012 examines the key issues for making EA programs successful and valuable. This year's theme of "Infusing Enterprise Architecture Into Your Business" addresses issues relevant to all technology professionals, but its content will focus most closely on these roles.
- Enterprise Architecture Professionals.
- Business Process Professionals.
- Application Development & Delivery Professionals.
- Content & Collaboration Professionals.
- Analysts, consultants, and other influencers.
THE FORRESTER EVENT DIFFERENCE
- The quality of the Forrester keynotes. Presentations are backed by thousands of interviews with technology leaders, business executives, and vendors.
- Exclusive audiences. Forrester Forum attendees include executives from the highest organizational levels.
- Integration of organizational, technological, and business issues. Forrester Forums provide a comprehensive understanding of the challenges ahead and how your company can overcome them.
- One-On-One Meetings with Forrester analysts. Speak one-on-one with Forrester analysts about how to ramp up the impact of your architecture program.
"Interesting and thought-provoking content, intelligent and well delivered."
Hazel W., IT Architect
"Excellent! Getting time to reflect and think out of the box on my role will help me drive value into my organization."
Ryszard J. , Business Architect
"Insightful and inspiring. Excellent."
Jalil B., Head of Software Delivery