Delivering Tomorrow’s Business Outcomes
Digital disrupts business models and value streams, introduces new competitive threats, and comes with new demands from your customers and employees.
Your leaders demand new strategies, new architectures, new ecosystems, and new competencies. Your infrastructure and operations strategies now play a central role in achieving business outcomes and thriving in the digital age.
This Forum has Passed.
Digital changes the path your leaders must take to achieve future business outcomes. Developing these digital capabilities requires Infrastructure & Operations Professionals to meet these new business demands with infrastructure agility and operational flexibility. You need to enable private and public cloud infrastructure, the consumerization of devices and productivity apps, service management, and resiliency. And all of this takes new people, processes, technologies, and vendors.
This Forum has been designed to address tomorrow’s digital-fueled business outcome challenges and how you can play a more relevant and vocal role with your business leaders.
What Attendees Will Gain
Attendees will gain insight into:
- Tomorrow’s business outcomes. Learn from our research and industry speakers what business outcomes executives seek and what technology competencies they demand.
- New demands on infrastructure and operations. Set net new paths to provide the agility and flexibility needed to deliver the business outcomes of the digital age.
- Infrastructure agility to fuel digital business outcomes. Develop strategies to support private and public cloud computing as well as the consumerization of devices and productivity applications.
- Operational flexibility to support digital business outcomes. Design service management practices that put the customer first and strive for operational excellence, automation, and business resiliency.
Why Attend A Forrester Forum
- Accelerate your success. Through keynote and track sessions led by Forrester analysts, we deliver thought leadership and practical advice designed for your role that you can apply to your business challenges the day you return to the office.
- Learn from your peers and other experts in the field. Industry speakers — who are dealing with the same challenges as you — will share their success stories and respond to your questions.
- Engage with Forrester analysts. Through prescheduled 1-On-1 Analyst Meetings, you can engage with Forrester analysts to work through how to apply what you are learning at the Forum when you are back at your company.
- Connect with peers. During discussions and roundtables or over a drink, share and gain knowledge and new perspectives from a network of peers — more than 250 delegates attend — facing similar challenges.
- Get exclusive first look at new research and survey data. Be the first to hear about Forrester's latest big ideas and survey results.
Connect With Forrester And Event Attendees
Who Should Attend?
- Directors and VPs transforming the IT infrastructure and operations organization.
- IT infrastructure leaders developing cloud strategy across server, storage, and networking infrastructure.
- Workforce computing leaders supporting consumerization across desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, and productivity applications.
- Service management and IT operations leaders designing service strategy, operational excellence, monitoring, and automation.
- Resiliency leaders ensuring business uptime through disaster recovery, high availability, and backup strategies.
“The analyst sessions were outstanding, as always.”
Michael Duff, Director Program Management, Chicago Mercantile Exchange
“Relevant information, good value.”
Phil Nash, Director Industry Analyst Relations, Symantec
“Relevant information, good value”
Phil Nash, Symantec, Director Industry Analyst Relations