Tuesday September 03
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Registration And Refreshments
10:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Mastering Tomorrow's Business Outcomes: Opening Remarks
10:15 AM - 10:45 AM
Integrated Business Services
Digitally empowered customers demand responsive, aware, and agile product and service providers -- driving firms to redefine how work gets done. Leading firms are, creating business service teams that respond quickly across the customer’s life cycle, the globe, and the firm’s value chain -- and the CIOs' imperative in this transformation is to shift to a business services model. During this session attendees will learn:
- How to orchestrate business service delivery across internal and external providers.
- How to consolidate, and integrate existing technologies into stable, agile platforms.
- How to empower and enable front-line, customer-facing organizations.
10:45 AM - 11:15 AM
DNA Of The CIO
For many years, CIOs have been talking about becoming a true partner to the business and the executive management team. But, as The DNA of the CIO highlights, relatively few have broken out of their comfort zones to actually become one. The encouraging news is that many CIOs find the remit and responsibilities of their role hugely rewarding and enjoyable. Nevertheless, many more will need to test the limits of their comfort zones in order to become a relevant partner to the business in the years ahead.
11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
Morning Networking Break
11:45 AM - 12:15 PM
The Power Of Partnership Reinventing The Services Relationship
Ajoy Menon, Director, Global Technology Services, IBM
12:15 PM - 12:45 PM
How To Work Better With The Technology Giants
A few large software providers dominate the business technology landscape. Traditional negotiation techniques don't work with these powerful, embedded suppliers, causing enterprises to pay more than they need to for their software. This session will explain how to use strategic software sourcing to improve the way you do business with your most important software providers. In this session, we’ll discuss how you can:
- Create software category strategies that balance the economies of scale from centralization with the need for flexibility and business unit autonomy
- Measure the strength of your relationship with the technology giants, and what you can do to improve them
- Align commercial agreements with the reality of how you make sourcing decisions, to get the lowest prices without buying software you don't need.
12:45 PM - 01:45 PM
Networking Lunch, Coffee, And Dessert
01:45 PM - 02:15 PM
Guest Executive Forum by Orange Business Services: The Age Of The Cloud: The Private Cloud, SaaS, And Their Future In Asia Pacific
In this session, we look at why enterprises in Asia Pacific are moving to cloud services and the benefits they have derived from them. Many have moved beyond an early focus on simple cost savings to look at the cloud more strategically. This includes smart-sourcing cloud services to improve business agility in specific areas or regions. Backed up with customer case studies, we share the lessons learned from delivering applications and infrastructure services via public, hybrid, and private clouds in Asia Pacific.
02:15 PM - 02:45 PM
Can We Prepare For Tomorrow, Today, With Yesterday's Mindset?
Enterprises and CIOs have a legacy to live with while innovating for tomorrow; business expectations demand agility, engagement, and adaptability to a new disruptive world where customers are challenging conventional approaches. The CIO is transforming, so is the team. Can BT deliver this promise? The session will discuss experiences on:
- CIO challenges and opportunities.
- FUD over hyped technology trends.
- A possible way forward.
02:45 PM - 03:15 PM
Winning The Customer Experience Game
Systems of engagement have transformed customer experience globally. CIOs are responsible for putting analytic components in place to measure customer needs. During this session, attendees will learn:
- How to build competencies within the organizations that support and drive customer experiences.
- What information is needed in order to understand customers’ interactions with the business.
- How systems of engagement affect customer experience.
03:15 PM - 03:45 PM
Afternoon Networking Break
03:45 PM - 04:15 PM
Driving Mobility In The Enterprise
- How enterprises can cope and leverage these trends for rapid business advantage.
- How to identify business processes that should be enabled for mobile.
- Specific examples from the general insurance industry on the challenges faced and solutions adopted.
04:15 PM - 04:55 PM
Panel Session: Make Innovation A Business Technology Competency
Innovation is essential for any company that wants to master tomorrow’s business outcomes. CIOs must lead this technology-based business innovation. During this session, attendees will learn:
- How to establish measurements and ensure return on innovation.
- How to choose the technologies that help drive innovation.
- How to develop innovation capabilities.
04:55 PM - 05:00 PM
Forrester Closing Remarks
05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Networking Drinks Reception