For decades, companies have been paying lip service to the idea of delighting customers, but at the same time, they've been disappointing them in nearly every channel. That tactic won't cut it anymore. Why not? We've entered a new era that Forrester calls the age of the customer — a time when focus on the customer matters more than any other strategic imperative.
Recent market shifts have forced companies to compete not just on product features but on the quality of customer interactions. But organizations overwhelmingly fail to see the whole picture — how the back office, trusted business partners, incentive programs, and entrenched business processes undermine the desire to improve that customer experience.
At this Event, we'll confront a new imperative: creating and nurturing a system of interdependent, self-reinforcing practices that align internal employees and external partners — and the processes, policies, and technology that enable them to do their jobs — around customers. This is not just the same old "focus on the customer" message. It requires a new way to manage companies, looking deep into every process and incentive to see whether it supports the overall goal: to deliver a great customer experience.
Delighting customers is the responsibility of all marketing professionals, and this Event will include sessions that address the key issues for a variety of marketing roles, including:
- CMOs & Marketing Leadership Professionals: Learn how to orchestrate the front office — marketing, sales, and service — to deliver a great customer experience.
- Interactive Marketing Professionals: Discover how to invest and execute in digital channels — social, devices, and content — to improve the experience and reinforce the brand promise.
- Customer Intelligence Professionals: Learn how to marshal real-time customer intelligence to create great products and services.
- Consumer Product Strategy Professionals: Learn how to involve customers in product innovation to increase the success of product launches.
- Market Insights Professionals: Learn how to marry classic and emerging forms of market research to understand the Voice of the Customer.
- Technology Marketing Professionals and Technology Sales Enablement Professionals: Learn how to create a B2B marketing ecosystem that supports decisions across the customer life cycle.
- eBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals: Uncover how to prioritize the right customer touchpoints — online and offline — to ensure business agility.
Key Questions This Forum Will Answer
- Why is customer experience the greatest untapped source of cost savings and increased revenue today?
- What is the key to understanding and taking control of your customer experience ecosystem?
- What are the six essential customer experience disciplines?
- Which companies have adopted best-in-class customer experience practices?
- How do customer experience strategies drive differentiating activities and processes at top companies?
- Which organizations appoint a chief customer officer to lead their customer experience efforts?
- What is the future of customer experience?
- How can you design an enterprisewide customer experience?
- How can you measure the results of your customer experience efforts?
Connect With Forrester And Event Attendees
LinkedIn: Network with other attendees.
Blogs: Follow analysts covering your role.
Communities: Extend conversations through your role community.
Facebook: Stay connected through Forrester Events pages.