In this interactive one-day Workshop, you learn the fundamentals for organizing your company's approach to major evaluations, culminating in the construction of a plan using Forrester’s major analyst evaluations project plan template, which you can then take with you for use on your next evaluation. Forrester analysts help you understand what role these evaluations play in the marketplace, how to factor the analyst's research method into your project plan, and how to handle the evaluation criteria, customer references, report drafts, publication and promotional processes, and, if you need it, any damage limitation.
MQ (Magic Quadrant) is a service offering of Gartner, Inc. Gartner, Inc. is not affiliated in any way with the described Workshop.
You learn how to organize your company's participation in major analyst evaluations, using Forrester’s major analyst evaluations project plan template to encapsulate the results. Forrester analysts teach you how to:
- Understand the impact of major evaluations on analysts, the marketplace, and your company.
- Decide when to take part.
- Initiate an evaluation project and garner the necessary support.
- Understand the analyst's project plan and synchronize your plans to theirs.
- Assess the vendor inclusion criteria.
- Assess and address the vendor evaluation criteria.
- Organize analyst interactions that maximize impact on the analyst's assessment.
- Find, prepare, and offer customer references.
- Review and negotiate evaluation drafts.
- Promote good evaluation results.
- Limit damage from poor evaluation results.
- Manage internal expectations.
Who Should Attend?
Analyst relations (AR) directors/managers, influencer relations directors/managers, product managers, and anyone else involved in major analyst evaluations
Marketing directors, corporate communications directors, and anyone else to whom AR reports may wish to attend or send managers who are ultimately accountable for the success of AR and its activities.
- Work closely with Forrester analysts. Attendance is limited to maximize client-analyst interaction.
- Understand the trends and technologies that matter most to your role.
- Complete hands-on exercises by applying the same methodologies that Forrester analysts use for their own research.
- Network with peers facing similar goals and challenges.
- Leave with an action plan and strategy that will generate new growth for your company.
Learned by doing, appreciated the stories about true analyst encounters.
Joan G. , Senior Director, Marketing