Forrester respects your privacy. The type of information and ways we collect and use the information you provide while on our website (“Site”) and during certain other interactions are listed below:
When does Forrester collect information?
Forrester may collect certain information when an individual:
- Registers for use of this Site or uses the Site.
- Registers for use of the Forrester Communities or posts information on a shared area of the Site.
- Purchases certain products or services from us.
- Registers for one of our events or teleconferences.
- Seeks employment opportunities with Forrester.
- Wishes to obtain more information about our products and services.
What information does Forrester collect?
Forrester collects the following information:
- Personal contact information you may choose to provide while visiting or registering on our Site. This information may include your name, address, company name, job title, telephone number, email address, and the name and email of third parties you may provide to us.
- If you register to participate in Forrester Communities or other shared areas of the website, you may be asked to create a profile. Your profile may be made available to other members of the shared site(s) and may include the registration information you provide as well as other information you choose to add such as work history and education.
- We also collect behavioral information about how you use the Site.
- If you are applying for a job at Forrester, we may also collect your resume, work history, and education if you choose to provide or upload your resume via the Site.
How does Forrester use the information?
We use the information collected as follows:
- Forrester uses personal information you share with us to provide products or services that you request, answer your inquiries or communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, and send you information about features on the Site or changes to our policies. We may also disclose certain data to third parties that perform services on our behalf and have a need to access the data in connection with those services. Contractual agreements between us and such third parties provide that your information will be kept confidential and secure.
- Forrester may use your email address to send periodic promotional emails and special offers.
- Forrester regularly analyzes data pertaining to visitor trends, research consumption, and research grading in order to improve our research, plan site enhancements, and measure overall site effectiveness.
- "Cookies" are text files placed in your computer's browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. "Web beacons" are small pieces of code placed on a web page. Both cookies and web beacons are used to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page.
- Aggregated (non-personally identifiable) user behavior collected through cookies or web beacons may be shared with our other third-party service providers to either analyze or execute marketing programs.
- Forrester collects the contact information of event attendees at the time of registration. An attendee's name, title, company, and/or country will be transferred to sponsors of the event. An attendee's name, title, company, and/or country will be available to event attendees during the event.
- Forum event attendees are provided with badges having bar codes that may be scanned at sponsored activities or sponsor booths. Attendee contact information is transferred to any sponsor that scans the badge.
- As a member of or participant in Forrester Communities or other shared services, your profile information may be shared with other members to enable collaboration.
What you can do
- You can contact Forrester if you believe your personal information is incorrect.
- You can unsubscribe from promotional emails you receive at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
- You can choose to not let anyone scan a bar code at a Forrester event unless you want that sponsor to have your contact information. Please contact Forrester at the email below if you prefer that your name, title, company, and/or country not be added to the attendee list for the event.
- There may be public areas of the Site that allow you to post or upload information. Any information you choose to upload or post can be viewed by all users. We discourage you from uploading any personal information in these areas of the Site.
- You can always contact Forrester at +1 617.613.5730 or +1 866.367.7378 (toll-free in the US and Canada) should you have any questions or concerns.
- Changes to this policy may be posted from time to time. All versions will reflect a posting date. We encourage you to visit this page periodically for changes.
Additional information that may be of interest
- Forrester account managers, analysts, and other members of the research staff can place research documents into a client's Research Bookmarks. To prevent duplicate placement of research, research and account management employees can review the contents in this area.
- We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
- Forrester does not knowingly collect any personal information from children and does not market to children.