61% Of CMOs Are Now Responsible For CX
July 6, 2016
Forrester and Heidrick & Struggles conducted a global survey to better understand the evolving role of the CMO and what defines success in the age of the customer. With ample forward-looking data on the goals and behaviors of the evolved CMO, the findings based on 275 respondents and released in a new report today show that CMOs are:
— Solidifying their position as business leaders by moving beyond brand, communications, and marketing execution to better quantify the impact of marketing.
- 75% of CMOs surveyed are confident or very confident in their teams’ ability to meet annual business objectives.
- 82% of CMOs report that their goals are aligned to revenue targets.
— Broadening their brand responsibilities to include customer experience.
- Two-thirds of CMOs now have responsibility for customer experience, with more than one-third having performance goals tied to their customers’ overall satisfaction.
- 61% of CMOs responsible for CX are prioritizing aligning the brand and customer experience; 58% report implementing an enterprisewide CX metric.
— Leading organizational transformation toward customer obsession as the bridge between departments.
- 51% of CMOs note that organization structure hinders results, with 35% lacking confidence in corporate leadership’s ability to help the company adapt to change.
- 62% of CMOs identify the head of sales as a crucial partner, while 49% of CMOs view the CIO/CTO as a top relationship to develop.
Click here for more information, and contact us if you'd like a copy of this report.
Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We work with business and technology leaders to develop customer-obsessed strategies that drive growth. Forrester’s unique insights are grounded in annual surveys of more than 500,000 consumers and business leaders worldwide, rigorous and objective methodologies, and the shared wisdom of our most innovative clients. Through proprietary research, data, custom consulting, exclusive executive peer groups, and events, the Forrester experience is about a singular and powerful purpose: to challenge the thinking of our clients to help them lead change in their organizations.
Sr Public Relations Specialist
Forrester Research, Inc.