Thursday March 29
08:30 AM - 09:00 AM
09:00 AM - 09:15 AM
Welcome And Introductions
09:15 AM - 10:45 AM
Understanding Microsoft Licensing
- Microsoft's terminology and volume licensing programs.
- Microsoft's strategy, and what it means for your negotiation.
- The latest news and future trends in licensing.
10:45 AM - 11:00 AM
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Economic Overview Of Microsoft Licensing
- Comparison between different volume licensing options.
- How to assess the value of Software Assurance.
- Estimating the costs, risks, and value of upgrading.
12:30 PM - 01:30 PM
01:30 PM - 03:00 PM
Preparing For Your Negotiation
- Project steps to making an informed upgrade decision.
- Analyzing your options and understanding Microsoft licensing interdependencies.
- Virtualization's impact on licensing decisions.
- Potential pitfalls to avoid.
03:00 PM - 03:15 PM
03:15 PM - 04:15 PM
- Contract issues such as "What concessions is Microsoft willing to give?" and "What pricing should customers be expecting to pay?"
- Driving value from your Microsoft relationship beyond just licensing fees.
04:15 PM - 05:00 PM