Achieving ROI-Aligned Research And High Value
How To Calculate The Value Of Market Insights And Be A Business Driver
June 15, 2011
Why Read This Report
What is your worth? This is an awkward and, for small market insights departments, very personal question. However, it is the one question executives are asking, and assessing, of all of their business units every day. Market insights is not an exception. So how does the market insights department show its value and worth? In this report, Forrester will outline the process and formulas that will support market insights in computing the value and ROI of research while uncovering opportunities to build its value and become not only a more valuable business unit but also a business driver.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- ROI Is Hard To Determine, And Some Believe It's Not Necessary
- The Market Insights ROI Formula Is Simple And Defensible Yet Flexible
- Use Hard Metrics For ROI Calculations And Soft Metrics For Enhancing Value Perception
- Determine Typical Conversion Rates To Quantify Return On KPI Changes
Table of Contents
- Determining ROI Is Hard But Necessary
- Measure Metrics That Maximize Value And Data Quality
- The Market Insights ROI Formula
- Building Out The Formula
- ROI Scenario Examples
- Optimize Market Insights' Focus, Methods, And Insights Delivery
- Take Steps Toward Becoming A Business Driver
WHAT IT MEANS
- Knowledge Is Power
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Are You Ready For Social Market Research?
September 22, 2011 | Roxana Strohmenger
A Market Insights Professional's Introduction To European Information And Communications Technology Market 2011 To 2012
July 21, 2011 | Reineke Reitsma
An Overview Of Enterprise Feedback Management Vendors And Their Capabilities
March 1, 2011 | Roxana Strohmenger