Best Practices: Building High-Performance Application Development Teams
Lead Business Technology Growth Through Empowered App Dev Teams
November 3, 2010
Why Read This Report
As businesses look forward to the end of another recession, IT leaders have shifted their priorities toward growth, but many development shops struggle to support it. "Partner Player" development shops are in the best position to enable business growth, because they're flexible and staffed with creative software development professionals assembled in high-performance development teams. Managers looking to become Partner Player development shops should adjust their recruiting practices to attract creative development professionals. They should also adjust their culture to keep high performers happy and create an environment where employees can develop into those desirable high performers. Finally, they should manage high-performance teams with a streamlined set of Lean Software development processes that allow them to maximize the time they spend "in flow," doing the mission-critical tasks you pay them to do.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- Building High-Performance Application Development Teams Self-Diagnostic Tool
Models and Calculators
- IT Is Leaning Out For Growth At Speed. Are You Ready?
- Many Developers Write Code Outside Their Day Job
Table of Contents
- Have You Tapped Into Your Development Teams As A Source For Growth?
- Building High-Performance Development Teams: Best Demonstrated Practices
- Best Practice No. 1: Recruit The Right Players For Your Team
- Best Practice No. 2: Create An Intrinsically Motivating Development Culture
- Best Practice No. 3: Manage Your Team With Lean Software Techniques
- Forrester's Building High-Performance Development Teams Next Practices
- Identifying Your Challenges
- Case Study
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
The Forrester Wave™: Mobile Enterprise App Services Providers — Midsize Providers, Q1 2015
March 26, 2015 | Liz Herbert
Case Study: Sabre — A Culture Of Engagement
April 8, 2011 | Jeffrey S. Hammond
Develop Your Infrastructure And Operations Transformation Strategy Now
April 6, 2016 | Jean-Pierre Garbani