Best Practices: Digital Asset Management
November 14, 2011
Why Read This Report
In a world with increasing numbers of rich media assets and a diverse set of distribution channels, content and collaboration (C&C) pros are taking a closer look at rich media management options. Despite this increased interest, digital asset management (DAM) initiatives remain nascent at best. To better help C&C pros create mature and successful DAM strategies, Forrester compiled a list of best practices from numerous in-depth interviews and client inquiries. These include: aligning existing and projected needs with the DAM solution; establishing a governance strategy; and creating comprehensive rich-media-specific metadata models to enhance the end user experience.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
- Forrester's Self-Diagnostic Tool For Digital Asset Management
Table of Contents
- Rich Media Management Needs Are Growing, But Strategies Remain Nascent
- Take Standard ECM Best Practices And Give Them A Rich-Media-Specific Twist
- Best Practice No. 1: Develop A Taste For The Different Flavors Of DAM
- Best Practice No. 2: Apply Rich-Media-Specific Governance
- Best Practice No. 3: Make Rich Media Metadata Management A Religion
- Forrester's DAM Next Practices
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents