CIOs: Support HEROes — Create Social Innovation Networks Using The PACT Framework
An Empowered Report: Using Social Technologies To Empower Innovation
November 22, 2010
Why Read This Report
Customers already use social technologies to wrest power away from large corporations. Now employees are also adapting social technologies in pursuit of innovations to support these empowered customers; Forrester calls these employees HEROes (highly empowered and resourceful operatives). By designing social technologies as part of their Innovation Networks, CIOs and their IT teams help establish new Social Innovation Networks — innovation ecosystems employing social technologies to enhance HEROes' innovation. These Social Innovation Networks help drive faster, more effective innovation across the enterprise. And CIOs must rise to the challenge of nurturing and developing these networks across the enterprise while structuring their IT teams to fully support them. Forrester recommends using the PACT framework (process, advocates, culture, and technology) to empower employees and support HEROes across the enterprise.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Innovation Is A Priority In Most Organizations
- Employees Connect And Collaborate Using Social Technologies
- The Perceived Impact Of Social Media On Innovation
- Front-Office Employees Are Using Social Technologies To Help Answer Questions
Table of Contents
- The C-Suite Wakes To A New Innovation Challenge — Empowered Customers
- Social Innovation Networks Fuel Innovation For Empowered Customers
- CIOs: Use The PACT Framework To Create Effective Social Innovation Networks
- Partner With Other Business Leaders To Support Innovation HEROes
WHAT IT MEANS
- Embracing Social Technologies Yields An Innovation Advantage
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Sourcing And Vendor Management's 2011 Priorities
December 21, 2010 | Christopher Andrews
The Forrester Wave™: Innovation Management Solutions, Q2 2016
April 12, 2016 | Dan Bieler
Market Overview: Data Services
October 30, 2013 | Charles Green