Consumerization Will Erase Boundaries Between Corporate And Consumer Technology Markets
Vendor Strategists Must Overhaul Business Units And Products Aimed At Information Workers
January 9, 2012
Why Read This Report
Execs plotting new information and communications technology (ICT) products and services face changing information worker behaviors driven by five innovations that empower users to provision and use technology with little help from their IT department. We cite adoption survey data, define this consumerization phenomenon, name the major market segments it affects, and offer a checklist of consumerization criteria. Creating consumerized offerings requires strategists to embrace transformations across the value chain and five principles of consumerized businesses. In this new climate for end user facing technologies, individuals take their tech and data with them from job to job. To succeed, vendor strategists must help their firms go beyond traditional practices and strategies.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Info Workers' Changing Tech Behaviors Drive New Competitive Strategies
- Twelve Characteristics Define Consumerization Across Information Workers
- Consumerization Manifests In Four Major Tech Market Segments
- Using Consumerization Strategies Affects The Entire Value Chain
- Creating Consumerized Technology Requires New Strategic Principles
WHAT IT MEANS
- Consumerization Will Help Job Changers And Employ More Social Scientists
- Embracing Consumerization Is Challenging — So Dive Into The Deep End
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Multiple PaaS Flavors Hit The Enterprise
August 10, 2012 | Stefan Ried, Ph.D.
Benchmarking Asia Pacific CIOs' Attitudes Toward Cloud Computing
March 15, 2011 | Tim Sheedy
Application Adoption Trends 2016: SaaS Expands Across The Enterprise And Across The Globe
March 30, 2016 | Paul D. Hamerman