Executive Q&A: Tablets In The Enterprise In 2011
Answering Your Questions About Tablets, Security, Apps, And More
March 22, 2011
Why Read This Report
In just 12 months, iPad has redefined expectations of what a computer should be: instant-on, highly portable, all-day batteries, always-connected, and app-driven. And Apple has sold 15 million iPads in 2010, clear proof of their value. How many of those 15 million iPads are coming to work every day? Probably half of them. We know you're feeling the pressure. And based on hundreds of conversations about tablets in the past year, we know that most CIOs and their teams have more questions than answers about tablets in the enterprise. We collected the 10 most common questions to give some early answers and point you and your teams towards our most recent mobile research. The time to plan a tablet strategy is now.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- 1. What are the business benefits of tablets?
- 2. Which tablets do we need to support in 2011?
- 3. Do tablets replace laptops or are they a "third device?"
- 4. What's the status of tablet security and eDiscovery?
- 5. How do we manage tablets with an enterprise app store?
- 6. How do we develop new tablet apps? Does HTML5 help?
- 7. How do we port existing business applications to tablets?
- 8. What's the future of bring-your-own tablets?
- 9. What about unified communications on tablets?
- 10. How can we keep up with the wireless access requirements?
Don't Let A Mountain Of "Technical Debt" Derail Mobile And Customer-Facing App Delivery
October 28, 2014 | Phil Murphy
Planning Application Rationalization From Vision To Implementation
July 26, 2013 | Henry Peyret
Sustainably Executing Application Rationalization
July 26, 2013 | Alex Cullen