Five Steps To A Successful BYOC Program
A Pragmatic Approach To Achieve Both Freedom And Security
June 4, 2012
Why Read This Report
In 2012, as an I&O workforce computing professional, you will be faced with more people using their own computer for work than ever before. Many highly influential employees are already doing so, and are staying comfortably outside of your control. This creates an unstable situation because you are still on the hook for supporting them, and assuring security, but are being denied access or are not equipped with the right tools for the job. This report provides the guidance you need to establish a framework for managing and supporting employee-owned computers efficiently, while offering as much freedom to workers as possible and ensuring security at the same time. Platform-specific tool kit documents will also help you evaluate and choose the right tools for the level of management that's appropriate for your organization.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Still Don't Have A BYOC Program? Get Ready For The Flood
- I&O Stagnation Is Fueling BYOC Demand
- Making The Case: Empowerment Equals Competitive Advantage
- Step 1: Stop Fighting Your Workers, And Channel Their Ideas Instead
- Step 2: Develop Personas To Understand Employee Work Styles
- Step 3: Determine Which Personas Will Benefit Most From BYOC
- Step 4: Define Your Self-Support Zones
- Step 5: Use Client Virtualization To Expand The Self-Support Zone
- Ready, Fire, Aim! You're Not Quite Ready Yet!
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Select A Workday Services Partner For The Next-Generation Of ERP
September 2, 2014 | Liz Herbert
Ten Trends That Will Reshape Workforce Productivity In 2017
December 15, 2016 | J. P. Gownder
Improve Skills And Staffing For A Better Employee Tech Experience
April 4, 2016 | Michele Pelino