Focus Your I&O Budget On Three Key Initiatives
Fifty Percent Of Your I&O Budget Should Go To Three New Initiatives Supporting Business Expansion: Desktops, Data Centers, And Industrialized Operations
July 16, 2010
Why Read This Report
I&O needs to focus the second half of 2010's budget on growth. Why? Because nearly half of the IT operating and capital budget is being set aside for new IT initiatives and increasing capacity to support business expansion. For I&O, this means prioritizing budgets: It's no longer sufficient to set aside half your budget for incremental data center improvements and the other half for incremental desktop and device improvements. However, these aren't the wrong categories; it's just a matter of focusing your budget on new capabilities. To maximize your budget efforts, you should start by transforming your desktop, continue by retooling your data center to support a path to cloud, and round out your efforts by industrializing your IT operations.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- I&O Consumes Roughly 50% Of The Overall IT Operating And Capital Budget
- Nearly Half Of The Budget Will Go To New Initiatives And Supporting Business Expansion
- Your Infrastructure Budget Is Spent Evenly On Broad Data Center And Device Categories
- 2010's IT Budgets Stay Steady, Receive Slight Bump In All Areas
Table of Contents
- I&O Execs: Corral Your Budget And Prepare For Growth
- Break The 50/50 Budget Cycle And Focus On Three Key I&O Initiatives
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Asset-Based Consulting Will Gradually Change The Consulting Revenue Model
August 13, 2015 | Marc Cecere
Identify Essential Methods For Your Business Architecture Program
September 7, 2012 | Derek Miers
How To Approach BPM Projects
January 10, 2011 | Derek Miers