Forrsights: Mobility Dominates Enterprise Telecom Trends In 2011
July 22, 2011
Why Read This Report
2011 presents vendors and service providers with a variety of opportunities to address emerging trends in the enterprise mobility and telecommunications market. In results from Forrester's Forrsights Networks And Telecommunications Survey, Q1 2011, more than 2,000 IT and technology decision-makers in North America and Europe highlight the critical priority of providing mobility support. Key corporate mobility initiatives include supporting more smartphones, tablets, and other connected mobile devices for employees, deploying more mobile applications, and establishing mobility policies. In addition to mobility initiatives, there are emerging technology opportunities for vendors including unified communications (UC), video services, and machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions. Along with growing investment in these priorities, enterprises are increasingly requiring service delivery via as-a-service, cloud-based, and pay-as-you-go pricing and engagement models.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Challenges Must Be Addressed To Drive The Next Wave Of M2M Deployment
- Demand Emerges For As-A-Service And Managed Service Delivery Models
Table of Contents
- Corporations Are Prioritizing New Communication Technologies
- Mobility Initiatives Remain A Key Focus For Many Enterprises
- Corporate Interest In Emerging Telecom Services Creates Vendor Opportunity
- Interest In New Pricing And Engagement Models For Comms Services Grows
- Corporate Adoption Of New Technologies Drives Vendor Opportunities
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Service App Stores Will Reshape Corporate Tech Management
July 24, 2014 | Stefan Ried, Ph.D.
Market Overview: Brand Monitoring And Protection
July 18, 2014 | Nick Hayes
Master The Mobile Security Landscape
January 12, 2017 | Chris Sherman