How Business Process Pros Can Increase IT's Business Process Orientation
Six Steps Process Professionals And IT Need To Perform In Collaboration
August 12, 2010
Why Read This Report
Business process professionals (BPPs) often complain about IT's ability to support them in delivering the performance optimization they are expected to provide together. The problem seems rooted in IT's traditional position as a supplier of infrastructure services and its lack of business process insights. BPPs must work with IT decision-makers to increase IT's business process orientation via three levers: 1) create specialized centers of excellence (COEs) in BPM and business technology (BT) support; 2) build the demand management process and function to coordinate the BPM COEs' activity and make sure that the usage of BT through processes is optimized enterprisewide; and 3) formalize business-driven governance to empower business process managers with active leadership for tech decisions. Depending on how BPPs collaborate with IT decision-makers to handle these levers, IT organizations' process maturity is either immature, aspiring, or mature. BPPs can substantially increase the maturity of their enterprise business process initiatives with six steps.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- CIOs And BPPs Reporting To IT Play A Marginal Role In Business Process Initiatives
- Many IT Organizations Are Restructuring To Increase Their Business Orientation
- Most Business Process Improvement Initiatives Are Driven From Outside IT
Table of Contents
- Expectations For BT-Powered Business Process Optimization Climb Higher
- Business Demand Drives A New BT Model Focusing On Business Process Optimization
- IT's Road Map To BT Follows Three Maturity Levels
- Six Steps To Increase IT's Business Process Orientation
- Related Research Documents