How To Capture The Benefits Of Microservice Design
Three Phases Of Adoption Begin With Today's Programming Models And Platforms
May 26, 2016
Why Read This Report
Developing software using microservice design is the hot new approach. Why? Microservices promise implementation flexibility, graceful scaling, faster delivery, and higher resiliency. But comprehensive microservice architectures are too complex for most enterprise AD&D teams, so developers are finding pragmatic and incremental ways to gain the benefits of microservice design via new programming models and platform frameworks. Read this report to learn about these emerging methods and their impact.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Microservices Hold Great Promise, But Complexity Hinders Adoption
- Three Ways To Overcome Microservices' Complexity
- Adapting Today's Programming And Platforms To Microservices
- Adopting New Programming Models On Today's Platforms
- Adopting New Programming On New Microservice Platforms
- Recognize The Destination Of Your Microservice Journey
What It Means
- Prepare For The Serverless, Appless Future
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Standard APIs: A Key To Agile And Open Banking
January 10, 2017 | Jost Hoppermann
Customer Obsession Will Remake AD&D Tools And Supporting Technologies
December 29, 2016 | John R. Rymer
Content And Commerce Technology: Traditional Marriage Dynamics Don't Apply Anymore
November 7, 2016 | Mark Grannan