Market Overview: Enterprise Role Management
Access Recertification And Role Management Converge, Integrate With Provisioning
February 6, 2009
Why Read This Report
Enterprise role management, role mining, and access recertification help enterprises with maintaining segregation of duties, keeping up with regulatory compliance requirements, and automating role-based provisioning to enterprise applications — even through difficult economic times. Forrester estimates that the 2008 enterprise role management market is at $70 million, with a conservative estimate of annual growth rate of 70% to 90%. Key differentiating factors among products are: 1) the connector framework to endpoints; 2) risk scoring; and 3) management of rules defining roles. While consolidation is bound to happen in the intermediate to long term (12 months or more), today it's still a market of stack vendors and product specialists offering competing solutions that can operate independently or in collaboration with a user provisioning solution.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Identity Compliance Causes Pains For IT Security Professionals . . .
- Why Role Management Matters
- Trends Shaping The Enterprise Role Management Market
- The Role Management Market Grows Phenomenally
- Vendors Display Surprising Strengths Across The Board
- Endpoint Connectors And Risk Scoring Are Key Differentiators
- Look For Tried And True Vendor And System Integrator Partnerships
WHAT IT MEANS
- More Market Consolidation Lies Ahead
- DLP, Access Systems, And Event Monitoring Add Color To Roles
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Shared Services: If WyCAN, So Can You!
February 7, 2014 | Jennifer Belissent, Ph.D.
The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Cloud Identity And Access Management, Q3 2012
July 19, 2012 | Andras Cser
Justifying The Business Case For Business Technology Resiliency
June 11, 2012 | Rachel A. Dines