Mass Customization Is (Finally) The Future Of Products
Apply The CURA Framework To Build A Winning Customized Product Strategy
April 15, 2011
Why Read This Report
Mass customization has long been the next big thing in product strategy. After a variety of false starts, its time has finally come. Changes in customer-facing technology are opening up new opportunities for product strategists to bring customers into product design, creating both customer loyalty and higher margins. While it will take a decade for mass customization to become widespread, product strategists should seize the opportunity to be first movers today. Product strategists can build successful mass-customization strategies by applying Forrester's CURA framework: curation, usability, resonance, and anticipation. Ultimately, mass customization holds the promise of helping bring manufacturing back to the US and EU due to the need for local production and highly skilled labor.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- Apply The CURA Framework For Mass-Customized Product Strategies
Table of Contents
- Mass Customization Is The Future Of Products In An Age Of Customers
- Execution Has Hindered Mass Customization
- Seize First-Mover Advantage In Mass Customization Today
- Apply The CURA Framework To Succeed With Mass Customization
- The Future: Deliver Individual Products With Rich, Pervasive Customization
- Leverage Mass Customization To Drive Customer-Centric Product Strategies
WHAT IT MEANS
- Mass Customization Will Lead Manufacturing Back To The US And EU
- Related Research Documents
Appealing To Consumers With Mass-Customized Product Strategies
May 24, 2011 | J. P. Gownder
How To Build An Interaction Innovation Lab That Differentiates Your Digital Business
January 17, 2017 | J. P. Gownder
Build A Business Case For Digital Signage
December 22, 2016 | J. P. Gownder