Mastering The Business Tablet Landscape
November 5, 2012
Why Read This Report
Tablets are the darlings of hypermobile employees who want to be always connected and productive. They are the newest player in the mobile landscape and are even starting to be a viable alternative to the workhorse of business computing — the PC. In 2016, 375 million tablets will be sold globally and 760 million will be in use. In this report, we've identified five business scenarios for how employees use tablets, and we use Forrester's 2012 Tech Marketing Navigator data to highlight a critical concern: IT dominates the tablet decision process, and it shouldn't. The business criticality of tablet solutions means that IT and business should cooperate at six flash points in the acquisition and deployment process.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Tablets Pour Into Business At Breakneck Speed
- Tablets Are Multiplatform, Multisourced, Multiapp, And Multiuse
- IT Owns The Tablet Decision Process, Too Much So For Business Success
- Use Decision Flash Points To Unite Business And IT On Tablet Projects
- Take Two Tablet Paths: Employee-Empowering And Business-Driven
WHAT IT MEANS
- Don't Assume You Know The Tablet Endgame — It Hasn't Been Written
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents