Design Mobile Apps From The Outside In
Policy And Procedures: The Mobile App Development Playbook
August 7, 2012
Why Read This Report
This report outlines best practices in mobile app design that application development & delivery professionals can use to design great mobile apps. Customer expectations for mobile apps have never been higher. People use apps that are amazingly intuitive and make them feel pampered, and they quickly start to wonder why all their app experiences can't be like that. The bar has risen — big time. If you think mobile app design is about choosing the best development tools and designing for a smaller screen size, guess again. Sure, the platform is important, but great mobile user experiences don't happen just because you chose the best development tools. To deliver apps your users will love, you must design and develop a user experience that is useful, usable, and desirable and that takes into account the mobile context, and you have to design for emotion. Design is the differentiator. Great mobile apps are the result.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- Mobile Apps Must Achieve The Right Balance Of All Seven Qualities Of Great Software
- What Emotions Should Your Mobile App Engender?
Table of Contents
- You Must Get The Mobile User Experience Right
- Mobile Context Is King When It Comes To Mobile App Design
- The Three Best Practices Of Outside-In Mobile App Design
- Best Practice No. 1: Create Mobile Personas Of Your Users
- Best Practice No. 2: Design For The Mobile Context And For Emotion
- Best Practice No. 3: Validate Your Mobile App
- If You Want To Differentiate, You Have To Design
- Related Research Documents