Now Is The Time To Determine SharePoint's Place In Your Application Development Strategy
SharePoint Use Is Exploding; How To Get The Most From Its Underlying Platform
July 16, 2008
Why Read This Report
As application development managers, you may see Microsoft SharePoint as a collaboration application. But as many shops are discovering, SharePoint is also a development platform that people both inside and outside of IT use to create intranets, outward-facing portals, electronic forms, workflows, and even dashboards. The promise of SharePoint: Your organization will be able to create and deploy collaboration applications faster and give businesspeople productive new tools. The pitfalls: SharePoint can add new unplanned demands as your teams fill the product's gaps in application life-cycle management and enterprise integration and as they create policies to prevent a new chaos of user-generated applications. Decide what role SharePoint will play in your application development strategy, and then put in place the resources and practices required to execute on that strategy.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- SharePoint Spreads A Stealth Development Platform
- Inside SharePoint
- SharePoint Strengths Play Well For Intranets, Office Workflows, Some Portals
- Your Strategy Will Have To Address The Five Big Gaps In SharePoint
- Your Three Strategy Options For SharePoint
- Emerging Practices For SharePoint Development
- Approach SharePoint As A Major New Development Platform Investment
WHAT IT MEANS
- SharePoint Introduces Collaborative, Component-Based Development
- Related Research Documents