Preparing For Uneven Corporate Adoption Of Video Communications
Video-As-A-Service Will Accelerate Video Into The Business Mainstream
May 9, 2011
Why Read This Report
Use of video for business communication is expanding at some companies and stagnant at others. The more that information workers use desktop (and handheld) video solutions, the more they expect video to be a normal mode of communication, but, in some companies, workers don't want or see a need for video solutions. Business and consumer video-solution providers are delivering easier user interfaces, better reliability, and higher resolutions — exactly what business users of video demand. Forrester expects that utilization of videoconferencing and collaboration solutions will expand in the next few years (albeit at different paces, depending on the culture of the organization), and that nearly half of information workers will have some type of personal video solution in 2016, up from just 15% today. Vendors will capture their share of increasing video spend by delivering great user experiences, education about the value of video, and the means to measure the quality of video experiences.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Video Deployments Will Move Toward Services Models In The Future
Table of Contents
- Video Is Pervasive On The Consumer Internet
- Business Video Usage Is Not (Yet) Widespread
- Mass Adoption By Business Awaits Simple And Easy-To-Use Video Solutions
- Vendors Will Respond To Three Phases Of Enterprise Video Adoption
- Overcoming The Barriers To Corporate Video Deployment
- How Vendors Can Advance Video Adoption
WHAT IT MEANS
- Services Will Be A Critical Delivery Capability
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents