Protecting Enterprise APIs With A Light Touch
By 2012, OAuth Will Be The Incumbent Cloud API Security Solution
July 13, 2011
Why Read This Report
Enterprises face a tension between the cloud-friendly software environment promoted by the Web, with its easy-to-use REST interface style and proliferation of lightweight services, and the security needs of service-oriented architecture (SOA). As developers begin turning to a new security solution called OAuth, security and risk professionals need to recognize which problems it's well-suited to solve and learn how to use it effectively in a variety of scenarios.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Web Services Are Easier to Create These Days — And Easier To Leave Insecure
- Early Adopters Are Excited About OAuth
- OAuth Plays A Role In Three Enterprise Security Scenarios
- By 2012, OAuth Will Be The Incumbent Cloud API Security Solution
- Prepare For A Security Regime That Truly Suits Lightweight Web Services
- Related Research Documents