Rethinking Data Loss Prevention With Forrester's DLP Maturity Grid
April 18, 2016
Why Read This Report
Data loss prevention (DLP) remains a key technology to help prevent the leakage and exfiltration of the firm's most sensitive data. Using client feedback, survey data, and input from security leaders in Forrester's Security & Risk Council, we looked at DLP with a different lens to address common pitfalls and implementation challenges. In this report, we help S&R pros assess the current state of their DLP efforts against data loss vectors and process maturity. This is an update of a previously published report; Forrester reviews and updates it periodically for continued relevance and accuracy, and revised it to factor in new findings and data.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Today, DLP Adoption Continues To Grow But Remains Limited In Scope
- Satisfaction Is Mixed: For Every Success Story, There's A Horror Story
- DLP Is Not For Everyone: Some Prefer Other Approaches
- DLP Is Not A Single Product But An Embedded Function
- For DLP To Be Successful, You Need Well-Defined Processes
- Assess Your DLP Deployment Using The DLP Maturity Grid
- DLP Is A Part Of A Broader Information Risk And Control Strategy
- Remember The Six P's Of DLP
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Navigate The Future Of Mobile Security
February 6, 2017 | Stephanie Balaouras
TechRadar™: Zero Trust Network Threat Mitigation Technologies, Q4 2016
October 28, 2016 | John Kindervag
Vendor Landscape: Data Loss Prevention Solutions
August 4, 2016 | Heidi Shey