The Forrester Wave™: Advanced Data Visualization (ADV) Platforms, Q3 2012
Seven Leaders, Six Strong Performers, And Two Contenders Compete For Share Of The ADV Market
July 17, 2012
Why Read This Report
Enterprises find advanced data visualization (ADV) platforms to be essential tools that enable them to monitor business, find patterns, and take action to avoid threats and snatch opportunities. In Forrester's 29-criteria evaluation of ADV vendors, we found that Tableau Software, IBM, Information Builders, SAS, SAP, Tibco Software, and Oracle led the pack due to the breadth of their ADV business intelligence (BI) functionality offerings. Microsoft, MicroStrategy, Actuate, QlikTech, Panorama Software, SpagoBI, Jaspersoft, and Pentaho were close on the heels of the Leaders, also offering solid functionality to enable business users to effectively visualize and analyze their enterprise data.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Vendor Selection Aids
- Forrester Wave™: Advanced Data Visualization (ADV) Platforms, Q3 '12
Table of Contents
- ADV Is A Critical Component Of Business Intelligence
- How Is ADV Different From Earlier Generations Of Data Visualization?
- Evaluate ADV Platforms' Functional And Technical Capabilities
- ADV Platforms Evaluation Overview
- The World Is No Longer Flat — ADV Options Are Broad And Deep
- Vendor Profiles
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents