The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q2 2013
One Size Does Not Fit All Developer Needs
June 14, 2013
Why Read This Report
Public cloud platforms are the keys that unlock the flexibility, productivity, and economic advantages of cloud computing. Application development and delivery (AD&D) pros use a wide variety of public cloud platforms, and this Forrester Wave™ evaluates the leading providers of these choices. Public cloud platforms take several forms, including basic infrastructure-as-a-service platforms as well as either full or partial platform services and tools. Each of these types of platforms is best suited to a distinct type of AD&D pro. In Forrester's 19-criteria evaluation of public cloud vendors, we identified the 14 most significant public cloud platform providers for large enterprises — Amazon Web Services (AWS), CloudBees, Cordys, Engine Yard, GoGrid, Google, IBM, Mendix, Microsoft (Windows Azure), MioSoft, Rackspace, salesforce.com, SoftLayer, and Verizon Terremark. This report details how well each vendor fulfills our criteria and where each stands in relation to its competitors for the three major categories of AD&D professionals. Our goal: Help developers select the right partner for their public cloud deployments.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Vendor Selection Aids
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms For Rapid Developers, Q2 '13
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms For Coders, Q2 '13
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms For DevOps Pros, Q2 '13
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms For AD&D Leaders, Q2 '13
Table of Contents
- Platforms Are Crucial As Enterprises Embrace Public Clouds
- Your Platform Choice Starts With Your Developer Segments
- Your Choice Must Balance Developer Empowerment And Enterprise Suitability
- Our Segment-Based Analysis Of Public Cloud Platforms
- Vendor Profiles
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms In China, Q3 2015
September 30, 2015 | Charlie Dai
The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q4 2014
December 29, 2014 | John R. Rymer
The Public Cloud Services Market Will Grow Rapidly To $236 Billion In 2020
September 1, 2016 | Andrew Bartels