US IT Market Outlook: Q1 2008 In Detail
The Detailed Analysis Behind Our IT Market Outlook In Q1
April 4, 2008
Why Read This Report
Our Q1 2008 US IT market outlook predicts 2.9% IT purchases growth in 2008. In this report, we dig more deeply into the outlook for different categories of software, computer equipment, and communications equipment. Software purchases will avoid much of the slowdown, with application servers, IT management software, and enterprise application software exceeding the average growth of 8%. Computer equipment purchases will decline in 2008, led by PCs and servers, but storage equipment will still grow. Communications equipment will also experience a drop in purchases, with cuts in investment by telecommunications and cable companies offsetting slow growth in purchases by enterprises.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Digging Deeper: What's Hot And What's Not In 2008 IT Goods Categories
- 2008 Software Market: Solid Growth But Not In Expected Areas
- 2008 Computer Market: Purchase Plans Versus Likely Actual Growth
- 2008 Network Gear Market: Purchase Plans Versus Likely Actual Growth
- Hardware Vendors Should Expect Little Or No Growth In 2008
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents