Justify Your Hybrid Cloud Future With A Solid Business Case
November 28, 2016
Why Read This Report
Some infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders and others have overzealous expectations of cloud's impact on costs, with many thinking cloud is always cheaper, faster, and easier. Under the right conditions, cloud can indeed yield good cost savings, but a true business technology (BT) agenda must also quantify speed and agility. This report describes how to make your business case for cloud. We tell you how to identify which apps are a good fit for the three major cloud deployment options and how to include the most important elements in your business case for each option. This is an update of a previously published report; Forrester reviews and revises it periodically for continued relevance and accuracy. We are updating it now with our most recent survey data.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- More Than Ever, Cloud Promises Speed, Flexibility, And Cost Benefits
- In A Hybrid Sourcing Model, You Still Own Strategy And Governance
- Run A Rightsourcing Exercise To Identify The Right Apps For Cloud
- Build Your Business Case For Using A Public Cloud Platform
- Build Your Business Case For Migrating Applications To SaaS
- Build Your Business Case For Using A Cloud Service Provider
- Maximize Value By Tailoring Your Strategy To Your Specific Situation
What It Means
- Think Twice Before Embracing The "Low-Cost Supplier" Role In Cloud
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Benchmark Your Enterprise Cloud Adoption
January 3, 2017 | Sophia I. Vargas
Drive Infrastructure Transformation With Service Design
July 15, 2016 | Glenn O'Donnell
Brief: A Clear Multicloud Strategy Delivers Business Value
November 18, 2015 | Paul Miller