What You Need To Know About Third-Party Recommendation Engines
November 18, 2010
Why Read This Report
eBusiness executives continue to look for new ways to increase their conversion rates and customer retention. In recent years, third-party recommendation engines, which have earned a reputation for being easy to implement, have proven themselves to be winners in addressing such needs. This space, however, is much more crowded and competitive since Forrester last published on the topic in late 2007. This document is an update of the landscape, an estimate of the impact that companies can see in their Web businesses, an overview of several of the vendors that play in this space, and an outlook on the future of this type of product.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Best Practices In Driving Revenue From Product Recommendations
- Retailer Adoption And Attitudes Toward Site Merchandising Tools
- Example Beneﬁts Of A Third-Party Recommendation Engine
- Estimated Current Total Market Size For Third-Party Recommendation Engines
- Landscape Of Vendors
Table of Contents
- The History Of Recommendation Engines
- Why Automated Recommendations Matter On Web Sites
- The Current State Of Third-Party Recommendation Engines
- Predictions For The Future Of Recommendation Engines
- Don't Neglect Your Homework With Third-Party Recommendation Engines
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Propel Your Customer Analytics Evolution With The Right Technology Provider
August 8, 2016 | Brandon Purcell
Market Overview: Commerce Solutions For Digital Products And Services, 2015
May 27, 2015 | Lily Varon
Airlines Need To Convince Passengers To Use Digital Channels To Buy Ancillary Products
January 7, 2010 | Elizabeth Stark