WEBINAR: Tablets Will Rule The Future Personal Computing Landscape
May 24, 2012
- Presented by Frank E. Gillett
For a new technology that is just two years old, tablets are huge hit. For CIOs, the questions are: Will tablets last and what are the long-term implications? How do they interact with other personal computing innovations? Will they be widely adopted?
We outline the related trends that interact with tablets and size the global sales and installed base of tablets through 2016. We predict a new form of PC, frames, that will rise as a result of tablets and other technology innovations and why tablets will cannibalize laptops but not the new forms of desktop PCs. We then outline the strategic planning challenges for CIOs and predict how vendor strategies and offerings will evolve.
- Which new technologies, customer behaviors, and vendors are disrupting the personal technology landscape?
- What role will tablets play for consumers and info workers?
- How will other hardware and services innovations interact with tablets?
- How many and what kinds of tablets will be in use by 2016?
- How will PCs and smartphones evolve under the influence of tablets?
- What new innovations are bubbling to complement and enhance the tablet computing experience?
Vendors mentioned: Amazon.com, Apple, Barnes & Noble, eBen, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, and Sony.
Already a Client?
Log in to access this webinar.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer.
Contact us to learn more.
See the Webinar FAQs for answers to technical and other Webinar questions.
Feedback, Reflections, And Opinions On The Mobile World Congress 2017
March 14, 2017 | Dan Bieler
The Promise And Potential Peril Of Artificial Intelligence
March 15, 2017 | Matthew Guarini
The Digital Transformation Business Case
March 27, 2017 | Dan Bieler
More On Demand
Designing The Future IT Organization: Drill Down Into Role Changes
February 15, 2017 | Marc Cecere
US Government Sector Tech Spending Trends, 2017 To 2018
February 08, 2017 | Andrew Bartels
Forrester Data Deep Dive: Public Versus Private Cloud Growth
February 07, 2017 | Jennifer Adams