Your enterprise PCs are wasting money — and probably more than you think. While the data center is often the first target on the energy reduction and green IT hit list, according to recent Forrester data, PCs and office peripherals are actually consuming more energy than the data center. Applying PC power management practices can be an effective way to reign in these costs and reduce CO2 emissions — for example, PC power management is helping Washington Mutual, General Electric, and Dell boast savings of $3 million per year, $2.5 million per year, and $1.8 million per year, respectively. And to help ensure benefits are actually achieved and tracked, IT Infrastructure & Ops professionals should consider PC power management software either offered by point solution vendors or your existing client management suite vendor.
- Understanding the eco(nomic) case for PC power management
- Estimating your potential savings from PC power management
- Determining your approach to PC power management
- Why you should consider PC power management software
- Recommendations for PC power management success
Vendors mentioned: 1E, BigFix, CA, Intel, LANDesk, Microsoft, ScriptLogic, Symantec, and Verdiem