eCommerce Trends And Outlook In Australia, China, India, Japan, And South Korea
Highlights From The Forrester Research Online Retail Forecast, 2015 To 2020 (Asia Pacific)
February 19, 2016
Why Read This Report
Asia Pacific contains both the largest and the fastest growing eCommerce markets (China and India, respectively) that Forrester forecasts across the globe. Our forecast outlines the magnitude of the opportunity in the region: Today, total online retail revenues in just five markets in Asia Pacific surpass the combined figure for online retail in the US and all of Western Europe. In the markets included in this forecast — China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Australia — total online retail revenues will nearly double from $733 billion in 2015 to $1.4 trillion in 2020. In this report, we look at the growth in these markets over the next five years and some of the key trends shaping the development of online retail in each one.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Several Key Online Retail Trends Extend Across The Region
- eCommerce In China Grows Despite An Economic Slowdown
- Japan's eCommerce Market Is One Of The Most Mature In Asia Pacific
- Australia's eCommerce Market Is Still Largely Cross-Border
- South Korea's eCommerce Market Is Still Relatively Siloed
- India Is The Fastest Growing eCommerce Market In Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific Markets Are Only Growing In Global Importance
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Write A Digital Business Strategic Plan That People Actually Read
February 9, 2017 | Jacob Morgan
Get Mobile Insurance Strategy Right By Designing For Customers' Mobile Moments
January 12, 2015 | Ellen Carney
Amazon Prime Launches In India
August 11, 2016 | Satish Meena