A Systematic Approach To Strategic Account Programs Improves Tech Sales Performance
Account Value Mapping Expands Wallet Share In Key Accounts
October 19, 2009
Why Read This Report
In response to the continued tough economic climate and feedback from customers, vendors with large portfolios are placing bigger bets on their strategic account programs and shifting their focus from gaining market share of key products to expanding the wallet share within targeted accounts. Executing this strategy requires sales teams to have deep knowledge of the targeted accounts, to manage multiple large opportunity pursuits simultaneously, and to configure solutions based on customer requirements across product lines or business units. Lacking tools to manage this exponentially expanded complexity, most account teams can't fully represent the breath of the portfolio and ultimately become bottlenecks. Sales leaders must develop integrated frameworks like Forrester's Account Value Mapping approach to systematically expand the capacity of the sales force and scale the success of the strategic accounts program.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Capturing Wallet Share Will Be The Key To Success In The Next Growth Cycle
- Strategic Account Programs Must Absorb Organizational Complexity
- Extend Client Business Planning To Account Value Mapping
- Follow Manufacturing Principles To Expand Productivity And Capacity
- Build The Account Value Mapping Factory Over Time
- Five Pragmatic Steps To Building A Prototype
WHAT IT MEANS
- A Wallet-Share Focus Will Eclipse Traditional Product-Centric Approaches
- Related Research Documents
Sales Role Profile: Sales Operations
October 22, 2012 | Brian Lambert