Adding Social Media To Customer Service Initiatives Can Break Down Barriers To Change
February 11, 2010
Why Read This Report
According to Forrester data, 91% of executives say that customer experiences are critical or very important to their businesses, nearly 5,000 consumers prefer better customer experiences over lower prices, and better customer experiences drive higher revenue and profits. Even so, most business process professionals who focus on CRM and customer service face major obstacles when implementing the changes required to enhance customer experiences. A solution? Social media. An unexpected outcome of Forrester's CRM and customer service social media research was the discovery that many of the obstacles that companies face when implementing change initiatives were resolved when the company deployed customer service social media initiatives. The key takeaway? Not only can companies transform customer service, but also they can also successfully lead the changes required for better customer experiences — which drive business process improvements deeper into the organization.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Across 12 Industries, Consumers Believe Good Service Is More Important Than Low Prices
- Correlations Between Customer Experiences And Repurchase Probability Increased
- Great Customer Experiences Correlate To A Higher Likelihood To Recommend
- Retailers And Banks That Provide Great Customer Experiences Earn Larger Revenues
- Executives Report That Customer Experience Is Critical To Company Strategy
- Obstacles To The Success Of Customer Experience Initiatives Remain
Table of Contents
- Better Customer Experiences Drive Higher Revenues
- Executives Say That Customer Experience Is Important, But Obstacles Remain
- Social Media: A Change Agent For Better Customer Experiences
- Step Up And Lead The Social Customer Interaction Experience
- Related Research Documents
The Forrester Wave™: Document Output For Customer Communications Management, Q1 2014
January 8, 2014 | Craig Le Clair
Vendor Snapshot: BP Logix Keeps Projects And Processes On Time And Within Budget
January 20, 2012 | Clay Richardson
The State Of ERP In 2011: Customers Have More Options In Spite Of Market Consolidation
May 2, 2011 | China Martens