Best Practices In User Experience (UX) Design
Design Compelling User Experiences To Wow Your Customers
September 4, 2009
Why Read This Report
Users have great expectations when they visit your Web and mobile applications. They increasingly want an experience that's valuable, easy to use, aesthetically pleasing, and emotionally satisfying. To retain and gain customers, you have to continually win their hearts and minds by providing them with a compelling user experience (UX) that is useful, usable, and desirable. Application development professionals can take the user experience bull by the horns by following these best practices: 1) become your users; 2) design first; 3) trust no one — test; and 4) inject user experience design into your software development life cycle (SDLC).
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Your Customers Will Respond To A First-Rate User Experience
- User Experience Design Best Demonstrated Practices
- Best Practice No. 1: Become Your Users
- Best Practice No. 2: Design First
- Best Practice No. 3: Trust No One — Test
- Best Practice No. 4: Inject User Experience Design Into Your SDLC
- Forrester's User Experience Design Next Practices
- Identifying Your Challenges
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Secure And Protect Mobile Moments
February 6, 2017 | Christopher McClean
Brief: Four Predictions For European E-Signature Adoption
April 17, 2015 | Craig Le Clair
Lessons From The Forrester Wave™: MSSPs, North America, Q3 2016
February 28, 2017 | Jeff Pollard