Best Practices: Off-The-Shelf Banking Platform Transformation
There Are Many Reasons For Failure, But Technology Is The Least Significant
September 22, 2011
Why Read This Report
Application development and delivery teams know that they need to manage nearly unmanageable complexity when it comes to designing, selecting, and delivering a new banking platform to transform a bank's application landscape. Forrester talked with a group of transformation executives and managers in banks and identified a number of best practices application delivery leaders should apply to ease their journey toward a new banking platform. These best practices are also relevant across different industries for many other large enterprises undergoing a significant transformation of their application landscape.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Banking Platform Transformation Is On The Rise, But Success Is Mixed
- Successful Transformations Require Good Preparation, Strong Management
- Best Practice No. 1: Focus More On Future State Than Current Business Practices
- Best Practice No. 2: Avoid Excess Analysis In Selecting A Banking Platform
- Best Practice No. 3: Take Great Care In Negotiating Vendor Contracts
- Best Practice No. 4: Establish A Responsive Implementation Approach
- Forrester's Banking Platform Transformation Next Practices
- Case Studies
- Related Research Documents
Business-Process-Led Banking Platform Selection
October 28, 2011 | Jost Hoppermann
Planning Application Rationalization From Vision To Implementation
July 26, 2013 | Henry Peyret
Look For True Off-The-Shelf Support For Your Country
May 15, 2013 | Jost Hoppermann