Branch Office Infrastructure Capabilities Road Map
March 11, 2011
Why Read This Report
It is possible to greatly reduce the complexity of your branch office infrastructure, thanks to cheaper bandwidth, desktop virtualization, and cloud computing technologies such as software-as-a-service (SaaS). Branch-office-specific network infrastructure now consolidates multiple functions that previously required separate routers, wireless devices, security, and acceleration appliances. This report will help enterprise architects reexamine their branch office architecture and update their plans with capabilities that lower cost, centralize infrastructure, and enable a better environment for remote workers.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- Required Capabilities Vary According To The Size And Distance Of Your Remote Location
Table of Contents
- Forrester's Road Map For Branch Office Infrastructure
- The Current State Of Branch Office Infrastructure
- The Target State For Branch Office Networking
- Required Capabilities For Branch Office Networking
- Required Capabilities Vary Based On Site Size And Distance From The Data Center
- Branch Office Infrastructure Road Map
- Begin Adapting Your Management Infrastructure To Cloud Management
- Related Research Documents