Cloud Mobile Development: Enabled By Back-End-As-A-Service, Mobile's New Middleware
August 30, 2012
Why Read This Report
Successful mobile apps, especially enterprise mobile apps, typically need to interact with a well-architected set of back-end services, but most mobile app developers are more skilled at client-side front-end development. Enter mobile back-end-as-a-service (BaaS), a new set of hosted platforms that addresses the gap between front-end development proficiency and back-end infrastructure requirements. Enterprise-class back-end-as-a-service addresses scalability while providing an integration platform into existing enterprise services. Use this research as your guidebook to navigating the emerging BaaS landscape.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Five-Star Mobile Apps Are Like Sports Cars: Sexy Inside And Out
- Back-End-As-A-Service: Your Ultimate Mobile Driving Machine Is Here
- New Players Dot The BaaS Market — How Do You Choose?
- Ensure Your Mobile Success By Leveraging BaaS For Scale
WHAT IT MEANS
- BaaS Accelerates And Industrializes Great Mobile App Development
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents