Enhance Business Technology Resiliency With An Effective Crisis Communication Strategy
March 28, 2013
Why Read This Report
Year after year, when asked to name the top lessons learned from contingency plan invocations, organizations consistently cite that they underestimated how difficult it would be to communicate effectively under duress. Conversations with organizations affected by Hurricane Sandy have proven this to be true once again. Because crisis and emergency communication is both highly critical and in dramatic need of improvement, Forrester believes that contingency planners in both the business and IT should single it out as a focus area for development. This report identifies best practices for crisis and emergency communication org structure, strategy development, technology adoption, testing, and training.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Resiliency Planners Are Desperate To Improve Crisis Communication
- A Crisis Can Hit Any Time — Plan For It Well In Advance
- Establish Clear Ownership Of Crisis Communication Strategies
- Identify Your Crisis Scenarios, Audience, And Escalation Path
- Use Technology To Automate Reliable Communication At Scale
- Don't Be Afraid Of Social Media — Embrace It
- Refocus Efforts On Continuing Training And Awareness
- Prepare For Mobile Apps, Location Services, And Physical Integration
WHAT IT MEANS
- IT Ops Will Continue To Play A Crucial Role In Crisis Communication
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Zero Trust Security Metrics That Matter To The Business
February 9, 2017 | Stephanie Balaouras
Navigate The Future Of Mobile Security
February 6, 2017 | Stephanie Balaouras
Business Technology Resiliency Matters More Than Ever
January 10, 2017 | Naveen Chhabra