Forrsights: The Software Market In Transformation, 2011 And Beyond
Shifting Buying Preferences Lead To New Software Priorities
May 27, 2011
Why Read This Report
As the global information and communications technology market recovers from recession, the software market — the largest IT subsegment — is fueling the growth. More importantly, for the first time ever, companies are planning to spend more money on new software initiatives and projects than on the ongoing operations and maintenance of their software environments. However, not all software segments will benefit from this boom in the same way. This report highlights the shifting priorities between traditional software segments for standard software, middleware, and custom-developed applications; provides quantitative insights into key trends, such as cloud computing; and unveils important changes in software licensing models and customer buying preferences. To be successful in this fast-growing market, decision-makers need to understand the market dynamics that are currently transforming the entire software industry.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Forecast: Global Business And Government Purchases Of Software, 2011 To 2015
- Spend On New Initiatives Represents Up To 50% Of Firms' Total Software Budget In 2011
- Most Initiatives In 2011 Will Focus On Updating Existing Software Solutions
- Software Priorities Are Shifting After The Recent Recession
- Software Priorities Are Shifting To Apps With Greater Business Value
- More Than One-Third Of Respondents Are Planning To Use SaaS In 2011
- Large Enterprises Are Using More Cloud Services Than SMBs
- Only 7% Of Companies Prefer Single-Vendor, Preintegrated Software/Hardware Solutions
- Flexible Licensing Models Will Grow To 29% Of Software License Budgets In 2011
- SOA Adoption Highlights The Challenge Of Articulating Its Benefits
- Mobile Applications Are Key Priorities For Custom Development Work
Table of Contents
- New Drivers And Trends Accelerate Software Market Growth
WHAT IT MEANS
- Software Offerings Evolve Into Business Solutions
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Ten Myths And Realities Of The Software Market In 2013
August 5, 2013 | Stefan Ried, Ph.D.