Global Online Population Forecast, 2008 To 2013
July 21, 2009
Why Read This Report
Despite the global economic slowdown, worldwide use of the Internet continues unabated. By 2013, there will be 2.2 billion Internet users in the world. While every region's Internet population is projected to grow, Asia remains the biggest global growth engine: 17% of the world's online population will live in China in 2013. Although online population does not immediately correlate with online spending, the Internet's power is as strong in the political and cultural arenas as it is in the economic one. Multinational organizations of all kinds must understand the dynamics of the shifting global online population to ensure that they are positioned to take advantage of emerging international opportunities.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- The Internet User Base Is Increasing In Every Area Of The World
- North America: Growth Will Continue, But At A Tempered Rate
- Europe: Emerging Markets Drive The Online Population Increase
- Asia: The Global Powerhouse Gets Even Bigger
- Latin America: Brazil Will Remain A Top Internet User Market In The Region
- Middle East And Africa: The Online Population Is Small But Growing Rapidly
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Global PC And Broadband Penetration
June 12, 2012 | Gina Fleming
A Market Researcher's Introduction To The Global Online Population Forecast, 2009 To 2014
September 9, 2010 | Reineke Reitsma
Global Online Population Forecast, 2009 To 2014
August 17, 2010 | Zia Daniell Wigder