Advanced Search

Save or Share this Report

For CMO Professionals

How Has The Recession Changed European Consumers' Attitudes Toward Brands?

September 24, 2009

Primary author headshot

Authors

  • By Mary Beth Kemp
  • with Christine Spivey Overby,
  • Jean-Yves Lugo

Why Read This Report

Europeans are more pessimistic than North Americans about the evolution of their national economies. And they are feeling restrained personally too — 40% find themselves worse off than last year. But marketing leaders must resist the temptation to chase after these downtrodden consumers with short-term fixes like price reductions and promotions. Instead, they should focus on the other 60% of consumers who believe their situations will stay the same or improve. Marketing leaders should shore up their strategies and make their brands more valuable to these valuable consumers.

Get Access

Already a Client?

Log in to read this document.

Become a Forrester Client

Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.

Purchase Report

This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).

Purchase

Table of Contents

  • European Consumers Are Feeling Constrained And Price Conscious
  • Marketing Leaders: Create Value Rather Than Playing For Volume
  • RECOMMENDATIONS

  • Treat Consumers As If Your Brand Were A Luxury
  • Related Research Documents

Recommended Research