Increasing Online Insurance Self-Service Adoption
Nine Tactics To Increase Adoption, Serve Customers, And Lower Costs
February 8, 2010
Why Read This Report
Insurance online self-service continues to gain momentum, but customer adoption remains low. We found that 55% of US online adults who own insurance have not visited their insurance provider's Web site in the past year. eBusiness managers for direct and agent-based insurers struggle to increase adoption due to an array of problems including the infrequency of insurance interactions, customers' channel preferences, and limited functionality. eBusiness managers are seeing some glimmers of hope, though, with increased adoption of certain activities like online bill pay and a solid business case for online self-service. eBusiness executives must "plan the work and work the plan" by developing a comprehensive strategy and using an array of tactics to increase customers' adoption.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- The ROI Of Online Insurance Self-Service
- Online Self-Service Positively Affects Online Customers' Provider Choice
- More Than Half Of US Online Adults With Insurance Don't Use Online Self-Service
- Bill Pay And Policy Administration Are The Most Common Online Self-Service Activities
Table of Contents
- Insurance Online Self-Service Gains Momentum, But Adoption Remains Low
- Industry, Customer, And Internal Barriers Impede Insurers' Efforts
- Increasing Adoption Requires A Formal Strategy And Toolbox Of Tactics
- Related Research Documents
Five Key Truths About Wearables That Every Leader Should Know
December 3, 2015 | J. P. Gownder
Haven Life Rethinks Life Insurance Distribution For A Millennial World
November 12, 2015 | Ellen Carney
The US Life Insurance Buyer's Journey
January 12, 2010 | Chad Mitchell